Skip to main content

BENUE STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, SAMUEL UDEH

Pre-Manifesto
Dear Constituents,
Posted by Samuel Udeh
Republished by ECHEKWU SUNDAY.
Greetings to all Okpokwu sons and daughters, home and away,
It's my intention to make this few things know to you as we have been lingering in the wilderness like we don't have someone to save us, the time for the real change has come, let's vote wisely....
NIGERIAN NEWS VENDOR ON FACEBOOK TOO.
Having reflected over the past 17 years I left the country and recent events in Benue State particularly, our constituency Okpokwu, I have come to the conclusion that it is indeed a defining moment in my life when I should make the sacrifice of leaving a comfortable place in Europe to come to a difficult terrain in order to build a better place for our communities. I have therefore, decided to join my leaders, my mentors and my brothers Abba Moro, Dr Emmanuel Agbo, and other leaders that are fighting for building better Okpokwu and Enone for us.
Many people asked me why I want to be the House of Assembly member representing Okpokwu since I have a good career in Europe. The motivation to become the Member representing Okpokwu stste constituency is principally anchored on the desire and need to voice on behalf of my people. Okpokwu is not where it is supposed to be considering the size of the local government. My people’s voice is not being hard and this is as a result of incompetent members we have in the recent past. In this regard, I intend to pick the nomination form as soon as it is available to run for the Benue State House of Assembly representing Okpokwu at the state parliament.
As a person born and living in this constituency, I am aware of the many challenges and issues facing our communities. The role of Representatives is to represent the popular will. Certain characteristics includes: honest compassion, integrity, confidence and flexibility is requires doing this effectively and I have these qualities. I'm also moderate with leanings towards civil liberty and economic conservativism, with a very strong bias against money in politics and for fairness in political influence. These are my credential.
My aim as a House of the State Assembly member is to help create inclusive and accessible communities for all residents of Okpokwu, regardless of ability. I am also passionate about making sure Okpokwu voices are heard at state policy level, advocating on a broad range of issues and liaising with other levels of government, non-government, community groups and the private sectors.
As you may know our communities lack many basic amenities like access road, electricity, borehole water, youth development centre, Motor Park etc. I believe that once a new focused representative is elected, together we can move our constituency forward. The people of Okpokwu need a strong elected representative with credible experience at the highest levels. It is vital that our representatives provide a link between our constituency and the State. Our representatives should be the voice of the communities and I am driven to ensure that this is the case if I’m elected to the House of Assembly. I have the leadership quality to represent Okpokwu people. Leadership is not about talk, it is about doing and motivation.
I believe that the real way to bring change is through people power as the motor of PDP suggested - PDP power to the people. If I’m elected, my priority is to improve the quality of life of people in the following ways:
1) I will form alliance in the house to oppose any budgets that will not favour Okpokwu
2) I will make sure we get fair treatment like other constituencies
3) I will be a watchdog that stops funding for private use
4) Social amenities will be my priority and focus
5) If the State Assembly seat have wages to offer her members, I will save whatever I receive to electrify Ichama. This is a must not a promise
6) I will initiate or support a bills that is of important and offer a clear proposal design to help ordinary Okpokwu people
7) We will build a village hall in each of the local government where young and old can watch Liverpool matches
8 I will work to make sure people know exactly, where their money goes and I will work with the community’s leaders to lobby for the constituency needs.
9) I will be listening to you, being part of solving issues and making a real difference, not just by saying, but by doing is most fulfilling for me.
10) If I am elected, I will make a point of giving you regular updates on my local and national work, and information which you may find useful.
11) I will open less privilege account to help those who cannot afford 20,000 Naira to operate a common sickness like hynia and apendix. We will solicit for well-to-do sons and daughters of the three district to contribute to these account in order to successfully impact the lives of our vulnerable people
12) I would propose the establishment of community forum in each of the three districts which would bring together our elected official at all levels and communities on a regular basis. The purpose of the forum would be to get input from communities on different issues bordering them and to keep the people inform of developments in their community.
13) I will debate issues and move legislation that would help family, students, older people, and people with disabilities.
I want to be a voice of reason when representing the people in the Okpokwu electoral area. My passion, educations and experience at both national and international gives me a full understanding of what it takes to represent people. I am passionate about our areas. Every person can make a difference, but together we can make a change.
As I take this step, I solicit for your prayers and other forms of support. I am making this request because you are my people and my immediate constituency. Yes, my colleagues in the Irish public service and IT industry are still my people but I have virtually exhausted my goodwill with them in the service of our dear State. Therefore, it is you and only you that I can now run to for support. Please, I plead with each and every one of you to show a seed to my political career, you will never regret it. In the words of former US house speaker John Boehner, I will fight for you, I will listing to you and I will represent you. Yes, I will be in Abuja by the grace of God for my constituency and for the nation but you can be sure that I will also be here for you. My claim can be supported by my activities and interest in the local community which most of you are eyewitness.
I’m running this election on the platform of People Democratic Party because PDP is the party of hope for every one where ordinary people can actualizes their dreams. Under the reformed PDP, we the new generation is coming to make the difference, we are coming to bring new ideas, innovation and initiatives to our people. Lack of internal democracy, impurity, abused of power that undermines the party’s effectiveness is now gone forever.
And finally, we are coming to unite our people. These are the reasons while you should vote for me under PDP. This election is not about PDP and APC, it is about Okpokwu and Mkd, it is about you and me.
A vote for me will be a vote for an honest and professional approach to link a common man and State. It will be a vote to make the State government more relevant to our communities and ensure that your representatives are working on your behalf. My people, give me your support, give me your votes and together we will fight to build a great Okpokwu, Enone, Idoma land and beyond. Yes we can do it.
I would be looking for an opportunity to have some of the issues affecting Okpokwu communities debate at Okpokwu Hall with others aspirants before the party primaries.
Warm regards,
Samuel O.U Udeh
Cert, BA (Hon.), MSc, MCITL
(Member Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Ireland)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHORT LETTER TO HIS EXCELLENCY DR. ( PASTOR ) SAMUEL ORTOM THE NUMBER ONE CITIZEN OF BENUE STATE, NIGERIA. BY: ECHEKWU E. SUNDAY ON THE 23RD MAY, 2017. WITH DUE RESPECT SIR, WE HAVE HONOURED YOU ENOUGH AND IT IS TIME TO CRY OUT LOUD AS YOU WANTED.

SHORT LETTER TO HIS EXCELLENCY DR. ( PASTOR ) SAMUEL ORTOM THE NUMBER ONE CITIZEN OF BENUE STATE, NIGERIA. BY: ECHEKWU E. SUNDAY ON THE 23RD MAY, 2017.           WITH DUE RESPECT SIR, WE HAVE HONOURED YOU ENOUGH AND IT IS TIME TO CRY OUT LOUD AS YOU WANTED.   I enjoin all well meaningful citizens of the world whom by God's Grace we were merged under one social network which was said or known as FACEBOOK. it extremely seems oblivious that over a Month now we are on STRIKE which by now we supposed to at least finished this first Semester like other universities has done; uni. Abj. As a case study.    My able governor sir, although it might seemly believable that you could not read this epic/epigram as it may appear to be. We were once vehemently deprived of what we know or fully aware to be turned into something else, that was why we all seeks for CHANGE is that the change you PROMISED us???? ( tears gashing out...) Sir, this is not what we wanted before we gave you our possib

BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY ADMISSION INTO POST-GRADUATE SCHOOL 《 ECHEKWU SUNDAY JNR》THE BRIDGE

BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI-NIGERIA  (Postgraduate School)  ADMISSION INTO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES   2023/2024 ACADEMIC SESSION  Published by ECHEKWU E. SUNDAY JNR    Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees of the Benue State University, Makurdi for the 2023/2024 academic session.    1. FACULTY OF ARTS        a. Department of Languages and Linguistics   M.A. Linguistics                 Full time   M.A. French                 Full time   PhD. Linguistics                Full time   PhD. French                   b. Department of English  Full time   M.A. Literature in English             Full time   PhD. Literature in English               c. Department of History  Full/Part time         M.A. History with specialization in any of the following areas:   M.A. History (Nigerian History -Central Nigeria)                        

Cashless policy: Reps, CBN agree no time limit for old naira notes 31/01/2023

     Published by   ECHEKWU SUNDAY  JNR @  EKUM BLOG  The House of Representatives and the Central Bank of Nigeria have agreed that a time limit will no longer apply to the validity of old naira notes after the expiration of the February 10 deadline set by the apex bank. This means that the face value of the old N1000, N500 and N200 notes will continue to be redeemable in compliance with Section 20 (3) of the CBN Establishment Act. Banks will continue to mop up the notes after they cease to be legal tender on February 10 without a time limit. The CBN Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, was directed to submit a weekly report on releases of the new notes to commercial banks so that the House could verify claims by the CEOs of the banks that the apex bank had not been releasing enough cash to them. The CBN was also directed to restore over-the-counter transactions by the banks and increase Automated Teller Machine (ATM) cash withdrawal limits in order to fast-track the circulation of the new no